If you light a lamp for someone, it will also brighten your path.
Welcome new teachers to the Sioux Central Community School District!
Welcome to our mentoring page! I am excited to say that Sioux Central offers a mentoring program for new teachers and new-to-this-school teachers! Below you will find an explanation for each one.
First Year Teachers
The first year is a transition into the district and the mentor and the mentoring facilitator ensure new professionals have the necessary support to be successful classroom teachers! A first year teacher will . . .
- Participate in the book study "Your First Year" by Todd, Madeline, and Katherine Whitaker
- Meet weekly with the lead mentor/instructional coach
- Meet monthly with the entire group of mentees
- Complete district requirements outlined for the program
Second Year Teachers
The second year focuses on the Iowa Teaching Standards and classroom practice as well as continued support in the classroom. A second year teacher will . . .
- Meet monthly with the lead mentor/instructional coach
- Provide examples of understanding the teaching standards
- Complete requirements outlined for the program
The mentoring program is also available for those teachers who have their standard teaching license but are new to the Sioux Central School District. A first year teacher will . . .
- Complete district requirements including regular meetings with the lead mentor/instructional coach