Sioux Central is a PreK thru 12th grade shool district, located just outside of Sioux Rapids Iowa.
The technology department is responsible for all of the district's infrastructure, devices and network. Further, the technology department helps assist the district's Tech Integrationist with the development of cutting edge programs and interactive learning programs.
Sioux Central currently has 400+ MacBook's, 550+, 15+ Chrome Books and 20+ Windows PC's, all which are managed by the district and deployed to our students, teachers and staff. The district is a 1:1 school and allows students above grade 6 to take their devices home with them.
Sioux Central believes that the integration of technology in the curriculum is a vital element of future success of all its students. By utilizing technology in the teaching and learning process, all students are provided the opportunity to become self-directed learners.
To enhance life-long learning opportunities for our students and staff, the technology plan is designed so that it will:
- Provide technology for all
- Support the integration of technology into the curriculum
- Restructure the learning environment to address the individual needs of students
- Provide electronic access to local and global information systems
- Promote the exploration, development, and implementation of current and future technology
- Provide for the efficient and effective management of and access to student data and administrative information
Technology Literacy Definition
Technology literacy is the ability of individuals to responsibly use appropriate technology to: access, manage, integrate and evaluate information; construct new knowledge; and communicate with others to improve learning and acquire lifelong knowledge and skills.
Technology Dept. Staff
- Mrs. Paula Lindquist
- Technology Specialist & Media Specialist
- Mr. Rob McCartney
- Director of Techonlogy
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Sioux Central CSD complies withh the guidlines and is fully compliant with CIPA (Children's Internet Protection Act). Currently we use an iBoss system as our content filter. This also filters devices that are mobile, when taken home. For more information please click here.