Your son/daughter has been issued either an iPad or a Chromebook to improve and personalize his/her education this year. It is essential that the following guidelines be followed to ensure the safe, efficient, and ethical operation of this computer.
Your iPad or Chromebook is an important learning tool and is for educational purposes only. In order to take your device home each day, you must be willing to accept the following responsibilities
- I will supervise my son’s/daughter’s use of the iPad or Chromebook at home.
- I will discuss our family’s values and expectations regarding the use of the Internet and email at home and will supervise my son’s/ daughter’s use of the Internet and email.
- I will not attempt to repair the device, nor will I attempt to clean it with anything other than a soft, dry cloth.
- I will report to the school any problems with the device.
- I will not load or delete any software from the iPad or Chromebook, including Chrome Extensions.
- I will make sure my son/daughter recharges the device's battery nightly.
- I will make sure my son/daughter brings the device to school every day.
- I understand that if my son/daughter comes to school without his/her device, a loaner will not be provided and I may be called to bring it to school.
- I agree to make sure that the iPad or Chromebook is returned to the school when requested and upon my son’s/daughter’s withdrawal from Sioux Central School.
- I agree to pay for any fines my son/daughter incurs due to loss of damage of school equipment.
- When using the iPad or Chromebook at home, at school, and anywhere else I may take it, I will follow the policies of the Sioux Central School—especially the Student Code of Conduct—and abide by all local, state, and federal laws.
- I will treat the device with care by not dropping it, getting it wet, leaving it outdoors, or using it with food or drink nearby.
- I will not lend the device to anyone, not even my friends or siblings; it will stay in my possession at all times.
- I will not load any software onto the iPad oe Chromebook, including Chrome Extensions.
- I will not remove programs or files from the device.
- I will honor my family’s values when using the device.
- I will not give out personal information when using the device.
- I will bring the iPad or Chromebook to school every day with the battery recharged.
- I agree that e-mail (or any other computer communication) should be used only for appropriate, legitimate, and responsible communication.
- I will keep all accounts and passwords assigned to me secure, and will not share these with any other students.
- I will return the iPad or Chromebook when requested and upon my withdrawal from Sioux Central School.