SIOUX CENTRAL MISSION STATEMENT:
"The Sioux Central Community School will provide opportunities for each student to develop academically, emotionally, and socially into a competent and responsible citizen."
SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT:
"The mission of the comprehensive school counseling program is to ensure all students acquire competencies needed in academic, career, and personal/social development to allow them to be productive and responsible citizens."
Program Delivery System:
- School Guidance Curriculum - Embedded within the district's overall curriculum and delivered in collaboration with instructional staff.
- Classroom Instruction
- Interdisciplinary Curriculum
- Group Activities
- Parent Workshops and Instruction
- Individual Student Planning - Systemic activities to assist each student in developing educational, career, and personal/social goals
- Individual or Small Group Appraisal
- Individual or Small Group Advisement
- Student Core Curriculum Plan
- Responsive Services - Proactive and responsive interventions to meet students' immediate needs.
- Intentional Small Group Counseling
- Intentional Individual Counseling
- Crisis Counseling/Response
- Peer Facilitation
- System Support - Management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total school counseling program
- Professional Development
- Program Management and Operation
Iowa Department of Education, (2008). Iowa school counseling a program framework: One vision, one voice.